TRANSPORT CONTACT RULES:
· For any queries/ suggestions related to conveyance please contact the transport department ONLY on:
o For The Orbis School Keshavnagar (TOS1) – 8087333002
o For The Orbis School Mundhwa (TOS2) – 8411001997
· Please do not communicate with the bus driver or attendant.
Safety and security is of paramount importance. The school shall continuously adhere and evolve policies for ensuring high degrees of safety and security. Parents/ Guardians/ Students must keep the same in mind and adhere to behaviour which would ensure safety and security.
1. Boarding/ Alighting the Vehicle:
· The pick-up and drop-off spots are fixed.
· The furthest stop shall be picked up first and dropped last.
· The student should use only his/ her allotted vehicle and stop. Any change will need prior permission of the school.
· The transport service ideally shall not exceed 60 minutes of travel time on the bus for a student
· While waiting for a vehicle, students must stay away from the edge of the road and not indulge in unsafe or unruly behaviour.
· Students / receivers should be at the stop at least 10 (ten) minutes before the scheduled arrival of the vehicle. The bus shall not wait in case student/ receiver is late.
· No student should approach the entry/ exit door of the vehicle until it comes to a complete halt
· Immediately after boarding, a student must sit down at his/her assigned seat and avoid standing or moving around while the vehicle is in motion.
· Keeping consonance with RTA norms, children of classes below 8, shall share seats in the ratio of 3 students to 2 seats.
· Every child shall be provided a seat, subject to the clause above.
· Only the designated door must be used to enter/ exit, except in emergencies.
· In case a student misses his/ her vehicle, it shall be the responsibility of the parent/ guardian to make sure the student should reach the school on time. In such a situation, student may use his/ her allotted vehicle to return from school.
· The student shall be handed over ONLY to the persons authorised to receive the student.
· Students of class 3 and down will not be dropped at their designated drop point if the person authorised to pick them up is not there, they will be brought back to school from where they will have to be picked up by the parent/ guardian. In case a parent wants his/ her child (class 3 down) to be dropped at the designated drop point even if the authorised person is not there then they have to submit an application stating the same to the transport department.
· Students of class 4 and up will be dropped at their designated drop point even if the person authorised to pick them up is not there.
2. Decorum in the school vehicle:
· Students must maintain acceptable behaviour and noise level in the vehicle. The driver/ attendant are in charge of the vehicle and the students and he/ she are authorised to assign seats. He/ she must be treated with all respect
· Students shall be liable to pay for any damage that they may cause
· Standing on the footboard while the vehicle is in motion is not permitted under any circumstance. All students are advised to keep all parts of their body inside the vehicle at all times. (Students hands must be within the vehicle, even while waving out)
· Students are not permitted near the driver's area and should not touch any controls, switches, levers, instrument panels, etc.
· For safety, health and hygiene reasons, consumption of edibles is not permitted in the vehicle as it may cause choking and any spillage may result in the floor becoming slippery
· Do not throw things out of the window. Carry your trash with you and dispose of at the next available dustbin
· Use of flame or spark producing devices like matches, lighters, etc., or carrying of inflammable products is strictly prohibited
· Indiscipline in the vehicle or non-payment of bus fees may lead to withdrawal of the bus facility to the student
· Aisles and doorways must be kept clear
3. Guidelines for parents/ guardians:
· Parents who have been authorised are allowed to board the vehicle. Other parents are not allowed.
· Under no circumstances should the parents/ guardians compel the vehicle driver/ attendant to divert any route or even change any pick-up or drop-off spots.
· In the event of change in residential address or telephone/ mobile nos., please intimate the school in writing as early as possible.
· Parents having any complaints or suggestions regarding the vehicle facility, should contact the school, and not the vehicle driver/ attendant.
· While the school shall endeavour to provide this facility to most students, it is subject to availability of seats and feasibility of a route.
· In case of a break down/ non-availability of resource an alternate arrangement shall be made to the best of the available resources. In the unlikely scenario of transport service not being available the parents shall be requested to help out by dropping/ picking up the students.
· All parents availing of the service must download the transport app, via route tracking on the app the parents may determine the correct time of the bus’s arrival at their designated stop. This will eliminate the need to rely on SMSes / notifications.
· In case a child who usually avails the school bus facility is to be picked up by an authorised person, the Self Pick Up Form is to be filled up and submitted at the school gate half an hour before the child boards the bus.
4. Payment of Transportation Fees:
· Transportation fees can be paid for the full year by DD/cheque or in half yearly installments by PDCs.
· The charges are to be paid as per notified installment/s vide cheque only, for the entire installment period, even if the facility is used for a single day or not at all.
· Charges shall be payable for zones.
· The charges have been factored keeping the vacation/ breaks in mind and hence to further break up on prorate basis is not possible.
· For children being picked from and dropped at different stops, the charges would be 100%+50%, i.e. picked from Stop A and dropped at Stop B the charges will be 100% of Stop A and 50% of Stop B.
· Transportation fee is non-refundable and payable to the service provider (if any).
· Request for facility made in mid-term will be strictly subject to availability of seat and payment of the entire installment charges.
· In case the facility is wished to be withdrawn during the academic year or for next academic year (for existing students), a written application is to be submitted at least one month prior to the commencement of the next notified installment/s failing which the next installment will become due and payable.
· In case transport fee is not paid on time then a late fee shall be applicable.
· Late fee and bounced cheque charges, if any, will be first adjusted from the paid amounts, and the outstanding amount will be considered as pending fee (to be paid).
SELF – PICK UP AND DROP
1. The self-pickup and drop is available only if the child is to be picked/ dropped by the parent/ guardian.
2. The self-pickup and drop arrangement shall be at a prescribed point and within prescribed time lines and it is imperative to adhere to these.
3. In case I wish to opt for the transport facility at a later date, the same shall be subject to availability and feasibility
4. STUDENTS COMING TO SCHOOL BY THEMSELVES
i) For student walking to school:
· Students residing within 1 km radius of the school are permitted to walk to school unaccompanied by parent/ guardian depending on the parent/ guardian’s discretion on safety issues
· Only students above class 4 are allowed to walk to school on their own
· Parent/ guardian to write an application to Principal/ VP/ HM (via the Admission Counsellor) seeking permission for their ward to be allowed to walk to school unaccompanied, if application
is accepted parent/ guardian to fill the Parent Agreement and Student Consent Form
· In the future if the parent/ guardian decides to accompany the student and not send him/ her alone then they must inform the Admission Counsellor of this change, so that all concerned are informed and aware of the change in situation
ii) For students riding to school on bicycles:
· Students residing within 2 km radius of the school are permitted to ride a bicycle to school unaccompanied by parent/ guardian depending on the parent/ guardian’s discretion on safety issues
· Only students above class 6 are allowed to ride to school on their own
· Parent/ guardian to write an application to Principal/ VP/ HM (via the Admission Counsellor) seeking permission for their ward to be allowed to ride a bicycle to school unaccompanied, if application is accepted parent/ guardian to fill the Parent Agreement and Student Consent Form
· In the future if the parent/ guardian decides to discontinue sending their child on a bicycle then they must inform the Admission Counsellor of this change, so that all concerned are
informed and aware of the change in situation
· The following rules to be followed while riding a bicycle to school:
a) Wearing helmet is mandatory
b) Bicycle to be locked and parked in designated parking slot at owner’s risk
c) Motorised two wheelers are NOT allowed, be it any CC, geared or ungeared